|By Business Wire||
|December 28, 2012 09:30 AM EST||
Recent high-profile retail security breaches have increased shoppers’ and retailers’ concerns about data security. And retailers with data security problems face regulatory penalties, negative publicity, customer wrath and lost revenue. To combat these issues and provide retailers and shoppers with peace of mind, NCR Corporation (NYSE:NCR) announces it is now offering an industry-leading security offering, NCR System Integrity for Retail™, through an agreement with McAfee, the world’s largest dedicated technology security company.
NCR System Integrity for Retail protects an entire store from the point-of-sale to back-office systems. Built specifically for retail environments utilizing McAfee Integrity Control software and NCR’s unparalleled understanding of the retail environment and retail security threats, NCR System Integrity is one of the retail industry’s most advanced, automated and proactive security solutions available today.
NCR System Integrity stops unapproved POS software or systems changes. This dramatically reduces the risk of inadvertent or malicious installation of viruses or malware, reducing the risk of costly system shut-downs, exposure to data loss and costly regulatory fines and penalties. NCR System Integrity provides the security controls and reports necessary to demonstrate compliance with payment card industry security protocols and the system can be centrally managed with a single web-based interface, maximizing the use of IT resources and personnel.
The new NCR System Integrity combines NCR’s and McAfee’s vast knowledge and expertise in retail hardware and software and security to provide a store data security system that allows retailers to maximize their limited IT resources, maintain maximum system up-time, protect valuable customer data and maintain trusted relationships with shoppers that are crucial in today’s market.
“We are solving a critical issue in the retail industry,” said Tom Moore, vice president of embedded sales at McAfee. “By partnering with NCR, we are helping retailers safeguard the integrity of their customer data, improve security and more easily meet PCI Compliance requirements.”
About NCR Corporation
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. NCR’s assisted- and self-service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail, financial, travel, hospitality, gaming, public sector, telecom carrier and equipment organizations in more than 100 countries. NCR (www.ncr.com) is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Follow us on Twitter: @NCRCorporation, @careersatncr
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ncrcorp
Connect with us on LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/ncrgroup
Watch us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/ncrcorporation
NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London