|By PR Newswire||
|December 28, 2012 04:40 AM EST||
HONG KONG, Dec. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CNOOC Limited (the "Company", NYSE: CEO, SEHK: 00883) today announced that Panyu 4-2/5-1 oil field adjustment project and Liuhua 4-1 oil field located in the Pearl River Mouth Basin of South China Sea, successfully commenced production.
Panyu 4-2/5-1 oil field has an average water depth of about 100 meters. The adjustment project was designed to share the existing facilities to develop Panyu 4-2/5-1 oil field more effectively. The adjustment project was expected to hit its peak production in 2014.
The Company holds 75.5% interest and acts as the Operator of Panyu 4-2/5-1 oil field. Our partner Burlington Resources China holds the remaining 24.5% interest.
Liuhua 4-1 oil field has an average water depth of about 268 meters. In view of the features of the oil field, the Company built a new subsea production system while sharing the surrounding facilities for overall development. This project is expected to hit its peak production in 2013.
Liuhua 4-1 is an independent oil field in which the Company holds 100% interest and acts as the Operator.
Notes to Editors:
More information about the Company is available at http://www.cnoocltd.com.
This press release includes "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements regarding expected future events, business prospectus or financial results. The words "believe", "intend", "expect", "anticipate", "project", "estimate", "plan", "predict" and similar expressions are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. These statements are based on assumptions and analysis made by the Company in light of its experience and perception of historical trends, current conditions and expected future developments, as well as other factors that the Company believes reasonable under the circumstances. However, whether actual results and developments will meet the Company's expectations and predictions depends on a number of risks and uncertainties which could cause the actual results, performance and financial conditions to differ materially from the Company's expectations, including those associated with fluctuations in crude oil and natural gas prices, the exploration or development activities, the capital expenditure requirements, the business strategy, the highly competitive nature of the oil and natural gas industries, the foreign operations, environmental liabilities and compliance requirements, and economic and political conditions in the People's Republic of China. For a description of these and other risks and uncertainties, please see the documents the Company has filed from time to time with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, including 2011 Annual Report on Form 20-F filed on April 20, 2012.
Consequently, all of the forward-looking statements made in this press release are qualified by these cautionary statements. The Company cannot assure that the actual results or developments anticipated will be realized or, even if substantially realized, that they will have the expected effect on the Company, its business or operations.
For further enquiries, please contact:
Ms. Michelle Zhang
Deputy Manager, Media / Public Relations
Ms. Angela Hui
Ketchum Newscan Public Relations Ltd
SOURCE CNOOC Limited
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks