|By Business Wire||
|December 28, 2012 12:38 AM EST||
Toshiba Corporation (TOKYO:6502) will showcase a reference display of an SDHC memory card with TransferJet™ close proximity wireless transfer technology at the 2013 International CES, to be held from January 8 to 11, 2013, in Las Vegas, U.S.A.
The SDHC memory card on reference display will be a product under development, integrating a TransferJet™ transceiver IC, a coupler, an RF filter, peripheral passive parts, an SD bridge connection circuit, and Toshiba's NAND flash memory.
Data transfer by TransferJet™ communications will be implemented in devices supporting SDHC memory cards, such as digital cameras and PCs, by inserting this card in the card slots.
TransferJet™ is a close proximity wireless transfer technology standard promoted by the TransferJet™ Consortium whose membership consists of 45 companies (as of December 28, 2012), including Toshiba. TransferJet™ technology provides simple connection and high-speed data transfer with low power consumption just by selecting on the screen of a device the data file to be transferred and by touching the receiving device with that device. Applications of TransferJet™ technology is expected to expand when combined with various devices and technologies, such as digital signage and Near Field Communications (NFC).
* TransferJet™ is a trademark licensed by the TransferJet™ Consortium.
* Product specifications are under development and are current as of December 28, 2012.
Toshiba is a world-leading diversified manufacturer, solutions provider and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products and systems. Toshiba Group brings innovation and imagination to a wide range of businesses: digital products, including LCD TVs, notebook PCs, retail solutions and MFPs; electronic devices, including semiconductors, storage products and materials; industrial and social infrastructure systems, including power generation systems, smart community solutions, medical systems and escalators & elevators; and home appliances.
Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 550 consolidated companies, with 202,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 6.1 trillion yen (US$74 billion). Visit Toshiba's web site at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm
Information in the document, including product prices and specifications, content of services and contact information, is current on the date of the press announcement, but is subject to change without prior notice.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks