|By Marketwired .||
|December 27, 2012 06:34 PM EST||
VICTORIA, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/27/12 --
Dec. 27, 2012
Ministry of Justice
BC Coroners Service
VICTORIA - The BC Coroners Service has confirmed the identity of a male found deceased on a beach on Sidney Island on Dec. 19, 2012.
After an exhaustive post-mortem investigation involving the BC Coroners Service (including its Identification and Disaster Response Unit), the Sidney RCMP detachment, RCMP Forensic Identification Services, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in the United States, the man has been determined to be Brandon Lee Blanford, aged 36, of Bremerton in Washington State.
Mr. Blanford had been reported missing to U.S. authorities by family members in Hansville, Washington, on Dec. 11.
On Dec. 19, two men beachcombing on Jackspring Beach on Sidney Island found Mr. Blanford's body washed up on the beach.
The BC Coroners Service and RCMP, in conjunction with U.S. authorities, are continuing to investigate this case.
Mr. Blanford's family has been made aware of his death. On behalf of family members, the BC Coroners Service requests that their privacy be respected at this difficult time.
Connect with the Province of B.C. at: www.gov.bc.ca/connect
BC Coroners Service
Regional Coroner, Island Region
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks