|By Marketwired .||
|December 27, 2012 06:13 PM EST||
TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 12/27/12 -- Kinross Gold Corporation (TSX:K)(NYSE:KGC) would like to clarify a news release issued by Southridge Enterprises Inc. ("Southridge") on December 26th, 2012 announcing a joint partnership between itself and Kinross relating to the Cinco Minas and Gran Cabrera properties in Mexico. The news release contained a number of statements regarding the value and status of the joint venture, and a quote from a Kinross employee.
Kinross wishes to make clear that there is no such joint partnership, joint venture or other similar such arrangement or agreement in place, and nor do we expect there to be such a joint partnership, agreement, acquisition, investment or other equivalent transaction involving Kinross and Southridge in the foreseeable future. The statements regarding the value and status of the joint partnership are, to the best of Kinross' knowledge, without any basis in fact. The statement attributed to the Kinross employee in the Southridge news release was incorrectly attributed to him.
About Kinross Gold Corporation
Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Brazil, Canada, Chile, Ecuador, Ghana, Mauritania, Russia and the United States, employing approximately 8,000 people worldwide. Kinross maintains listings on the Toronto Stock Exchange (symbol:K) and the New York Stock Exchange (symbol:KGC).
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher