|By PR Newswire||
|December 27, 2012 03:24 PM EST||
Season focuses on Revealing Conversations with Female Journalists Katie Couric, Christiane Amanpour, Maria Bartiromo, Gayle King, Soledad O'Brien, and Paula Zahn
- Six-part series premieres Thursdays at 8:30 p.m. beginning January 3rd on THIRTEEN
- Premieres Tuesdays at 10 p.m. on NJTV and 10:30 p.m. on WLIW21 beginning January 8th
NEW YORK, Dec. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Paley Center for Media and WLIW21 brings legendary journalistic voices and footage to New York metro area public television viewers in the third season of the interview series At the Paley Center premiering Thursdays at 8:30 p.m. beginning January 3rd on THIRTEEN and Tuesdays at 10 p.m. on NJTV and 10:30 p.m. on WLIW21 beginning January 8th.
For this third season, the Paley Center and WLIW21 are launching a special initiative called "She's Making News," a new series of programs that puts a slightly different lens on the subject of women's role in journalism. Hosted by Pat Mitchell, President and CEO of The Paley Center for Media, each half-hour episode of the six-part series concentrates on a woman who has used media in innovative ways in order to report the news, including Katie Couric (January 3), Christiane Amanpour (January 10), Maria Bartiromo (January 17), Gayle King (January 24), Soledad O'Brien (January 31), and Paula Zahn (February 7).
In each unique and compelling episode, the guest's life-story is intertwined with numerous examples of her work, taking advantage of the Paley Center's Collection. Mitchell also speaks with each guest about the enormous impact of the media on women and the evolving role of journalism in all our lives.
Episodes of At the Paley Center will stream online after each week's premiere at www.thirteen.org/paleycenter.
At the Paley Center is a production of The Paley Center for Media and a presentation of WLIW21 in association with WNET. Executive Producers for The Paley Center for Media are Pat Mitchell, Diane Lewis, John Wolters, and Susan Lester for LesterMedia. For WLIW21 Mary Lockhart is Executive Producer and John Servidio is Executive in Charge. The series is underwritten by The Rosalind P. Walter Foundation. These events were part of Women@Paley, an initiative made possible by Time Warner Inc. and Verizon Communications.
212 621 6785
SOURCE The Paley Center for Media
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher