|By PR Newswire||
|December 27, 2012 02:30 PM EST||
STE. GENEVIEVE, Mo., Dec. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Holcim (US) Ste. Genevieve cement plant located in Bloomsdale, Missouri is participating in a year-long community service initiative marking the centennial of its parent company, Holcim Ltd. Holcim (US), one of the nation's leading manufacturers and suppliers of cement and mineral components, celebrated its 100-year anniversary by participating in Together for Communities, an initiative in which employees lead local volunteer projects.
"Employees at the Ste. Genevieve facility have identified projects that positively impact their community," said Filiberto Ruiz deputy chief executive officer of Holcim (US). "Each project aligns perfectly with the areas we are focused on, education, community, and infrastructure as part of our Together for Communities initiative. Each of us at Holcim look forward to our continued involvement in projects such as those identified as part of this initiative."
The Ste. Genevieve employees volunteered more than 3,000 hours participating in numerous projects throughout the year that focused on sustainability and housing needs. Employees sponsored miles of highway through the Adopt a Highway Program. In conjunction with Living Lands and Waters employees cleaned up along the Mississippi River and volunteered for the Million Trees Project by planting trees. In addition, employees participated in the Annual County Household and Electronics Recycling Day and in the construction of a Habitat for Humanity home.
Together for Communities builds on the Holcim mission and extends the values that are essential to creating the highest quality products. Holcim Ltd hopes to engage as many of its 80,000 worldwide employees as possible to volunteer for one day in their community. Because Holcim recognizes employees have unique knowledge of their communities, each project is employee-led and geared toward local needs. Though each volunteer activity is driven by local needs, the initiative is a global one.
About Holcim (US) Inc.
Holcim (US) Inc. is a subsidiary of Holcim Ltd, and one of the nation's leading manufacturers and suppliers of cement and mineral components. Holcim (US) has approximately 1,800 employees and operates 12 manufacturing plants and more than 50 distribution facilities in the United States.
SOURCE Holcim (US) Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks