|By PR Newswire||
|December 27, 2012 02:09 PM EST||
LOS ANGELES, Dec. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- A Norwegian Culinary Olympics Team member, Cordon Bleu Master Chef, and Domaine Laroche Brand Ambassador will bring spice to the ice during Crystal Cruises' luxury voyage through the Arctic Circle in 2013. The special guests will be aboard as part of a "Wine and Food" theme enhancing the ultra-luxe line's annual North Cape cruise next July. The Crystal Serenity voyage begins July 5, sailing from Copenhagen to Stockholm, visiting 10 ports over 15 days filled with sipping Europe's finest local beverages, learning about local dishes from gourmands, and seeing the breathtaking scenery of Lapland.
The culinary experts currently scheduled are:
- Sven Erik Renaa: Proprietor of Norway's renowned Renaa Restaurants, winner of numerous Chef of the Year awards, and manager of the champion Norwegian National Culinary Team.
- Gwenael Laroche: Brand Ambasadress for (and family member of) Burgundy's Domaine Laroche winery, a name that is virtually synonymous with Chablis and has won "The Best White Wine in the World" from Wine Spectator.
- Mark Cummings: A certified Cordon Bleu Master Chef, restaurateur, and star of TV's The Very Best of Everything.
They will offer hands-on instruction in preparing chef specialties, live cooking demonstrations, wine tastings, and specially-designed menus for select Crystal Dining Room dinners.
Foodie fun also segues to shore, with Crystal Adventures that take travelers on a "Quest for King Crab" in the waters of Sarnesfjorden (followed by eating the day's catch); to Tromso's oldest pub and Mack's Brewery to learn (and taste!) the art of crafting arctic beer; and to three different ice bars (in Leknes, Stockholm, Honningsvag) for perfectly-chilled vodka sipping.
The voyage includes overnights in Copenhagen and Stockholm at the cruise's beginning and end; calls in Geiranger, Honningsvag, Tromso, Lofoten, Alesund, Loen, and Bergen, Norway; Crystal's first return to Murmansk, Russia in 18 years; and cruising the Norwegian Fjords, North Cape/Arctic Circle, and North, Barents, and Baltic Seas. All-inclusive "Book Now" fares offer special savings.
Extraordinary culinary experiences are a hallmark of every Crystal vacation. Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity's extensive, innovative choices for gourmandizing include the ultra-luxury line's coveted cheese and wine cellars, overseen by on-board, certified cheese and wine sommeliers (Court of Master Sommeliers-certified); and gourmet dining options at every meal, whether in the Crystal Dining Room, at afternoon tea, or in Nobu Matsuhisa and Piero Selvaggio's specialty restaurants.
For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent, call 888-799-4625, or visit www.crystalcruises.com.
SOURCE Crystal Cruises
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher