|By PR Newswire||
|December 27, 2012 02:06 PM EST||
LAS VEGAS, Dec. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In response to Boulder City's embattled Police Chief Thomas Finn's lawsuit against whistleblower Stephen Stubbs, Stubbs this week filed an "Anti-SLAPP" motion in District court seeking to have the case dismissed. Mr. Stubbs claims that Chief Finn's lawsuit constitutes a "SLAPP" lawsuit under State law. "SLAPP" refers to Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation. The Nevada law at issue, known as the Anti-SLAPP statute, was enacted in order to protect citizens who petition their government for a given cause from being hit by retaliatory lawsuits by allowing for dismissal of said lawsuits. Stubbs' attorney, Nathan R. Morris, Esq. claims that "the lawsuit against Mr. Stubbs is clearly in retaliation for Stubbs' attempts to blow the whistle on allegedly illegal and harmful actions taken by Chief Finn in ordering the deletion of certain Boulder City Police Department emails. Chief Finn, the supposed example of Justice in Boulder City, has called into question the rule of law in this fine city." The Boulder City Council has voted to have the Nevada Division of Investigation to investigate Police Chief Finn as a result of Mr. Stubbs' calls for action and their own investigation.
Nathan R. Morris, Esq. is a founding partner of MORRIS// ANDERSON Law, a law firm dedicated to serving Las Vegas and Southern Nevada in the areas of plaintiff's litigation, personal injury, workers' compensation and criminal defense. www.morrisandersonlaw.com
Contact: MORRIS// ANDERSON Law, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE MORRIS// ANDERSON Law
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks