|By Marketwired .||
|December 27, 2012 12:13 PM EST||
LENEXA, KS -- (Marketwire) -- 12/27/12 -- Catapult International has announced that one of its data centers has received the Energy Star certification from the US Environmental Protection Agency.
The certification system identifies and rewards current best practices and provides an outline for a Data Center to use less energy, water, and natural resources as well as uncover operating inefficiencies.
CoSentry, who provides the facilities and platform for Catapult's secure cloud and compliant co-location services, attributed the low cost of energy in the Midwest and stringent compliance governance as main factors in achieving the Energy Star standards.
"Catapult looks for partners that are considered to be forward thinking and leading edge in their industry. Having the Energy Star Certification affirms our commitment to the environment," states David Luttrell, CIO of Catapult International.
As well as earning recognition from the EPA, Catapult's Data Center network holds certifications for PCI DSS, SSAE16, NIST 800-53, OSHA, and HIPAA. The Data Center is also pursuing a LEED Existing Building Operations and Maintenance (EBOM) Gold rating from the U. S. Green Building Council. LEED EBOM is the energy efficiency evaluation tool for the ongoing operations and maintenance of existing Data Centers.
About Catapult International:
Catapult International provides freight rate technology solutions for both freight forwarders and multi-national companies worldwide. Its Catapult QMS application is among the best solutions for international air and ocean pricing, rating, and freight auditing. Catapult also specializes in file transfers and web services as a middleware provider of data. Catapult is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the logistics sector.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?