|By PR Newswire||
|December 27, 2012 09:34 AM EST||
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., Dec. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Sears Holdings announced today that millions of customers took advantage of the convenience, ease and affordability of shopping online at Sears.com and Kmart.com to get and give holiday gifts this season. More than 50 million items were available in the endless aisles of online merchandise for gift buyers to find the perfect present, and Sears and Kmart provided a variety of simple and quick ways for customers to get their purchases.
"We are grateful to our Members and customers who chose to shop at Sears.com and Kmart.com this season. We are dedicated to giving them the value and convenience they want through a variety of integrated retail options in-store, online and via mobile device," said Imran Jooma, executive vice president and president of Marketing & Online, Sears Holdings. "Convenience and speed through mobile shopping was more popular than ever among Sears and Kmart customers, with more than half of all mobile orders bought online, then picked up in store. Members also took advantage of SHOP YOUR WAY Rewards that provided extra perks and privileges this season at Sears and Kmart. In fact, more than half of Kmart and Sears business comes from SHOP YOUR WAY Rewards Members."
In addition to broader business trends, the retailer also shared fun and relevant holiday shopping facts, coming out of the busiest shopping season.
Sears, Kmart and SHOP YOUR WAY Top Holiday Shopping Fun Facts
- More SHOP YOUR WAY Rewards Members shopped at Kmart and Sears than the number of people who tuned in to the final presidential debate.
- Sears.com and Kmart.com had more shoppers on Thanksgiving and Black Friday than the entire populations of New York City, Chicago and Philadelphia combined.
- Kmart.com sold enough pairs of socks this holiday to warm all the feet of football fans and players in the Superdome during the biggest game of the season in January and then some.
- If stacked on top of each other, the mattresses sold at Sears.com during the holiday would stand 2,000 feet taller than the highest ski lift in America - Atop Peak 8 at Breckenridge Ski Resort.
- Sears and Kmart sold enough work boots on Black Friday through mobile purchases to outfit the maintenance crews at both Chicago's O'Hare and Midway airports on the busiest travel day of the year.
- Sears.com and Kmart.com sold enough slow cookers that if used simultaneously they could produce 921 gallons of chili in 3 hours – enough to feed a bowl of chili to more than 15,000 football game tailgaters.
- If all the Craftsman Cordless Drills sold at Sears and Kmart were laid end-to-end, they would cross the Seven Mile Bridge twice.
- Through the generous donations of Sears customers and SHOP YOUR WAY Rewards Members, Sears raised enough money to make the holiday brighter for nearly 20,000 military families.
- Kmart, its customers and SHOP YOUR WAY Members raised enough money to operate St. Jude Children's Hospital for an entire week – it costs $1 million per day to operate the hospital.
About Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation is a leading integrated retailer with over 2,600 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada and the home of SHOP YOUR WAY, a social shopping experience where members have the ability to earn points and receive benefits across a wide variety of physical and digital formats through ShopYourWay.com. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, fitness equipment and automotive repair and maintenance. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, with a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands' End, the Kardashian Kollection, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as Sofia by Sofia Vergara and The Country Living Home Collection. We are the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 15 million service and installation calls made annually and have a long-established commitment to those who serve in the military through initiatives like the Heroes at Home program. We have been named the 2011 Mobile Retailer of the Year, Recipient of the 2012 ENERGY STAR® "Corporate Commitment Award" for Product Retailing and Energy Management and one of the Top 20 Best Places to Work for Recent Grads. Sears Holdings Corporation operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation. For more information, visit Sears Holdings' website at www.searsholdings.com. Twitter: @searsholdings | Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SHCCareers.
SOURCE Sears Holdings Corporation
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?