|By PR Newswire||
|December 27, 2012 06:08 AM EST||
BOSTON, Dec. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- New Year's resolutions often evoke a feeling of deja vu. You dutifully attempt the same goals year after year –lose weight, get organized, reduce debt—only to abandon them again when life takes over.
This year, with the help of a new website called goalshappen.com, you have a better chance than ever to achieve your goals. This new tool harnesses the power of our own social networks in a fun, engaging way and connects you with the people who can motivate you the most.
Statistics show that less than 1 in 10 people succeed in achieving their resolutions. But those who are explicit about their resolutions are 10 times more likely to attain their goals than those who don't explicitly make them.
That's where Goals Happen can help! Goalshappen.com is free and simple to use. Users can go to www.goalshappen.com and define their goal or resolution, plot milestones to reach along the way, and use goalshappen.com to automatically invite "fans" via Facebook, Twitter, or email.
"The social network focus makes www.goalshappen.com unique among goal websites," said Dan Goldman, one of the site's co-founders. "By putting yourself out there to friends and family, goalshappen.com fosters the accountability and social support necessary to turn your good intentions into reality."
As you track your progress on goalshappen.com, you can celebrate your milestones with your fans through posts to Facebook, Twitter and email. If you are getting close to the deadline for a milestone, or if you miss a milestone, goalshappen.com will tell your fans so they can give you extra support or a virtual kick in the pants. Fans can even offer rewards or added incentives to the goal setters they support.
"Everyone knows how the power of community can help you achieve things that can be difficult to master alone, and that's what makes goalshappen.com so powerful," said Goldman.
Goalshappen.com is a free goal-setting website that leverages social media to help people make meaningful changes in their lives. It was hatched by three Boston-area business partners whose own simple goal was to create a virtual community of people helping people achieve their goals. To become part of this supportive goal-setting community, please visit www.goalshappen.com.
Set a goal. Tell your friends. Make it happen.
Karin Leinwand, Media Relations
SOURCE Goalshappen.com, LLC
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks