|By PR Newswire||
|December 27, 2012 02:00 AM EST||
LOS ANGELES, Dec. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- 16 million will resolve to quit smoking this year. The American Cancer Society reports that 21% of (approx. 45 million) Americans smoke. The CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report used data from 2001 through 2010 and found that among the smokers surveyed, 68.8 percent wanted to quit for good in 2010, and 52.4 percent tried to quit in the previous year and only 6.2 percent succeeded.
Even with knowledge and desire, less than 7% will succeed in 2013. Cigarette smoking causes about 1 of every 5 deaths in the United States each year resulting in 443,000 deaths annually. "People can succeed," says Devlyn Steele, CEO QuitSmoking247.com. He continues, "People fail not because they don't want to quit, but because they focus on nicotine and don't have a plan to change behavior."
After more than 20 years the pharmaceutical industry has yet to publish an independent study showing the efficacy of Nicotine Replacement Treatment (NRT), or Medicine performing better than any other method over a 52 week period. In fact, according to a study by Robert West of the University College of London, 88-92% of all people who quit using any NRT method w/o the use of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy return to smoking within 1 year.
Devlyn continues, "There is not a single reason that anyone needs to use or be on a nicotine replacement product ever, or fear the withdrawal." Quitsmoking247.com prepares guides and supports users, showing them how to successfully quit. Smokers continue to smoke for ten days while they learn. On Day eleven smokers put out their last cigarette
The 21 day quit smoking program uses Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, which has been scientifically proven through independent studies at Yale, Harvard, and Oxford Universities, as the most effective way to quit smoking long term
"Science proves this is the most effective method, which is why we guarantee the results. This is the only online program available that provides daily video coaching, supported by readings and a To Do list that leads an individual to create actual neurological changes that break the associations and reasons a person smokes."
Quit Smoking 24/7 is now offering a Discount on their program for the New Year called the Big New Year Quit.
Press Release Contact Information:
Quit Smoking 24/7
This release was issued through WebWire(R). For more information visit http://www.webwire.com.
SOURCE Quit Smoking 24/7
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks