|By PR Newswire||
|December 26, 2012 06:49 PM EST||
CHICAGO, Dec. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Corboy & Demetrio partner Michael K. Demetrio has been named a Life Fellow of The American Bar Foundation in recognition of his dedication to the profession and service to society and commitment to the work of the American Bar Foundation.
The Fellows group is limited to one-third of one percent of the lawyers licensed to practice in each jurisdiction. Established in 1955, the Fellows is an honorary organization of attorneys, judges, law faculty, and legal scholars who have been elected by their peers to become members of The Fellows.
The Fellows support the research work of the American Bar Foundation through their annual contributions and through sponsorship of seminars and events relevant to leaders of the legal profession.
Mr. Demetrio is a former President of the Chicago Bar Association. He has also served on the Board of the Chicago Bar Foundation. The International Academy of Trial Lawyers selected Mr. Demetrio as one of its members, which membership is limited to 500 attorneys worldwide. He also serves as its Illinois State Chair, and is currently on the Admissions Committee of the Academy. Mr. Demetrio is also an appointed Adjunct Professor at IIT/Chicago-Kent College of Law.
Mr. Demetrio represents plaintiffs in personal injury and wrongful death cases, including aviation disasters, railroad cases, product liability, construction liability and motor vehicle liability. During his career, he has tried more than 100 cases to verdict.
Mr. Demetrio is currently representing more than 40 victims whose biological specimens were destroyed in a catastrophic cryogenic system failure at Northwestern University Medical Faculty Foundation's facility.
Mr. Demetrio has represented victims in numerous high-profile aviation and train disaster cases across the United States, including the crash of a US Airways jet, which resulted in a settlement of $25.2 million, a commercial aviation record. He was the court-appointed Lead Counsel for the Plaintiffs' Steering Committee in the multi-district federal litigation stemming from the crash of American Eagle Flight 3379 near Morrisville, North Carolina. He was also appointed plaintiffs' Lead Counsel by the Chief Judge of the Cook County Circuit Court for the more than 60 cases arising from the crash of an Amtrak train in Bourbonnais, Illinois.
SOURCE Corboy & Demetrio
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks