|By PR Newswire||
|December 26, 2012 03:02 PM EST||
DARIEN, Conn., Dec. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Americans are deferring action on energy savings because of confusion about the benefits according to Soluxe Energy Solutions, a Connecticut-based marketing company said today.
"Most energy efficiency upgrades produce immediate savings," said Gil Kernan, vice president of contractor relations. "But homeowners continue to believe it will be years before they realize a return on their investment in home improvements," he added.
Kernan cited brochures and web sites that refer to "payback times" of two to 15 years for products such as wall and attic insulation, duct sealing, and rooftop solar panels.
"The whole notion of 'payback time' leads customers to think that it will be years before they see any benefits from investing in energy savings," Kernan said. "Nothing could be further from the truth."
Kernan said that most energy efficiency and renewable energy products yield immediate savings, even if the consumer borrows 100% of the cost of the upgrades. If a customer's monthly payments to a bank are less than his or her payments to the utility, then the benefits are not delayed, he said.
"At Soluxe we explain to energy consumers how their utility bill is like a long term debt that never gets paid off," Kernan said. "By making investments in efficiencies and renewables, consumers can swap their utility bills for lower bills that are true debt repayments."
Moreover, Kernan said, when the consumers pay off their debt the value of their monthly savings will grow dramatically, without either a utility bill or a bank loan repayment.
Soluxe helps energy consumers understand the benefits of investing in clean technology that reduces their monthly bills and increases the value of their homes and businesses, Kernan said. The company connects consumers with licensed contractors that it has reviewed for quality and experience.
SOURCE Soluxe Energy Solutions
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher