|By PR Newswire||
|December 26, 2012 03:00 PM EST||
WALTHAM, Mass., Dec. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Aggregate Industries US (AIUS), a Holcim Group Company, is marking the centennial of its parent company with Together for Communities, a year-long 2012 initiative in which employees lead local volunteer projects. Throughout the year employees from AIUS' Southwest Region contributed more than 2,000 volunteer hours to community projects and events in the area.
"In planning and executing these projects, the Southwest region has shown exceptional initiative and a deep knowledge of their communities," said Filiberto Ruiz, deputy chief executive officer of Aggregate Industries US. "I commend the employees in this region and look forward to our continued partnerships within the community."
Throughout 2012, employees in the Southwest Region participated in numerous community events as part of the Together for Communities initiative. The employee's efforts focused on education, sustainability and local community needs.
Beginning in April, the Southeast Region forged a relationship with The Blind Center in Las Vegas resulting in more than 650 volunteer hours. Employees organized several activities with the agency, including a field trip, painting and fence installation, and a barbecue. Employees also partnered with a local museum, Chatfield State Park and Salvation Army to execute various volunteer projects.
Together for Communities builds on the Holcim mission and extends the values that are essential to creating the highest quality products. Holcim Ltd hopes to engage as many of its 80,000 worldwide employees as possible to volunteer for one day in their community. Because Holcim recognizes employees have unique knowledge of their communities, each project is employee-led and geared toward local needs. Though each volunteer activity is driven by local needs, the initiative is a global one.
About Aggregate Industries US
Aggregate Industries US is a leading provider of aggregate and construction materials to markets in 18 states and more than 300 cities.
SOURCE Aggregate Industries US
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher