|By PR Newswire||
|December 26, 2012 01:09 PM EST||
CARTERSVILLE, Ga., Dec. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Tellus Science Museum announced it surpassed the $100,000 challenge issued by the 3M Foundation for the museum's Vision for the Future campaign. The challenge grant was matched dollar for dollar by 3M during a four-month period, raising more than $200,000 toward the $1.2 million campaign.
"We are extremely grateful to 3M for this generous grant that recognizes and supports the museum's vision to improve student achievement in science and encourage young people to pursue degrees in science and engineering," said Jose Santamaria, the museum's executive director. "We are also touched by the hundreds of supporters who gave to the campaign during this challenge. Without their help, this would not have been possible. It is immensely inspiring to see such support from the communities we serve."
"Tellus is successfully committed to sparking interest in people of all ages," said Tracinda Yaw, Plant Manager, 3M Atlanta. "From dinosaurs to an innovative exhibit on the periodic table of the elements, visitors of all ages leave understanding how science is part of everyday life. A dedicated cadre of volunteers and staff ensure a truly memorable experience with every visit. 3M is pleased to make this investment in Tellus to match the community's response to the challenge."
In October 2012, the museum announced the Vision for the Future campaign to rejuvenate the museum through special exhibition galleries, a three-year schedule of special exhibitions, an upgraded planetarium projector, and additional permanent interactive exhibits.
"With funding assistance from companies like 3M, the museum can continue to deliver exceptional educational programming and enriching science experiences for our youth," Santamaria said. "But the hard work isn't over yet. We still have another $600,000 to go until we reach our overall goal."
To donate to the Vision for the Future campaign, visit http://tellusmuseum.org/support-us/vision-for-the-future/.
Tellus is a 120,000 square foot museum located in Cartersville, just north of Atlanta. For more information about Tellus Science Museum call 770-606-5700 or visit www.tellusmuseum.org or www.facebook.com/tellusmuseum.
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $30 billion in sales, 3M employs 84,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 65 countries. For more information, visit www.3M.com or follow @3MNews on Twitter.
About 3M Community Giving
3M Community Giving consists of product donations and cash grants by 3M and the 3M Foundation and bolstered by employee and retiree volunteerism. In 2011, over $60.9 million was awarded to education and charitable organizations. For more information, visit www.3Mgiving.com.
3M is a trademark of 3M.
SOURCE Tellus Science Museum
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London