|By PR Newswire||
|December 26, 2012 11:46 AM EST||
COSTA MESA, Calif., Dec. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Hyundai Motor America announced the Hyundai Elantra, ALG's compact car residual value leader for three straight years, has set another all-time sales record in 2012, surpassing last year's total of 186,361 units earlier this month. With a week left in the year, Elantra could become Hyundai's second model to break the 200,000 unit mark in annual sales, joining its big brother Sonata at that level, which is also built at Hyundai's assembly in Alabama.
"Adding the third shift to our plant in Alabama this year has allowed us to better meet demand for Elantra," said John Krafcik, president and CEO, Hyundai Motor America. "Elantra buyers love its recipe of ALG-class-leading residual value, bold design, and outstanding value. With a full year of three-shift U.S. production in 2013 we hope to introduce even more American car buyers to Elantra next year."
HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA
Hyundai Motor America, headquartered in Costa Mesa, Calif., is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Co. of Korea. Hyundai vehicles are distributed throughout the United States by Hyundai Motor America and are sold and serviced through more than 820 dealerships nationwide. All Hyundai vehicles sold in the U.S. are covered by the Hyundai Assurance program, which includes the 5-year/60,000-mile fully transferable new vehicle warranty, Hyundai's 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty, and five years of complimentary Roadside Assistance.
For more details on Hyundai Assurance, please visit www.HyundaiAssurance.com
SOURCE Hyundai Motor America
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London