|By PR Newswire||
|December 26, 2012 07:00 AM EST||
Temporary New York City Cafe Serves Up FREE Cups of Rich, Never Bitter Gevalia Coffee in Final Days of the Year
NEW YORK, Dec. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Gevalia opened a temporary cafe today where New Yorkers and visitors can enjoy free cups of premium coffee as they prepare to kick-start a new year. Located just off Times Square, the Gevalia "pop-up" cafe aims to introduce coffee lovers to the rich, never bitter taste of Gevalia coffee and help them make a resolution to "leave bitter behind" in 2013 and beyond.
The Gevalia Cafe, located at 253 W. 47th Street, New York, will be treating locals and Big Apple visitors to free cups of Gevalia coffee and sending them home with coupons. Open daily* today through New Year's Eve, millions of fans passing through Times Square will not be far from a delicious (and free) taste of Gevalia coffee in the days, hours and minutes before the ball drops.
"The new year is all about getting off to a good start, and what better way to do it than to embrace the richness in life and in coffee," said Greg Guidotti, Sr. Director of Premium Coffee for Gevalia. "We invite everyone in New York to stop by the store to experience the unique, rich, never bitter taste of Gevalia coffee for themselves as the perfect toast to the start of a new year."
Johan, the Gevalia ambassador featured prominently in the brand's advertising, will make a special VIP appearance at the Gevalia Cafe on Dec. 30 starting at 10:30 a.m. ET where he'll serve coffee and pose for photos with cafe guests.
Fans outside of New York who want to discover the rich, never bitter taste can "Like" Gevalia on Facebook at www.facebook.com/GevaliaCoffee for rich rewards, including a coupon for $1.50 off one bag of Gevalia coffee in retail stores. The coupon will be available beginning Dec. 27, while supplies last.
Previously available online only, Gevalia began offering its top ten varieties in U.S. coffee aisles nationwide late last year. To learn more about Gevalia and to discover over 40 additional varieties, visit www.Gevalia.com, connect with Gevalia on Facebook (www.facebook.com/GevaliaCoffee) and follow @Gevalia on Twitter (www.twitter.com/Gevalia).
* Hours of operation are as follows:
- Wednesday, Dec. 26 and Thursday, Dec. 27 from 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET
- Friday, Dec. 28 from 8:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. ET
- Saturday, Dec. 29 from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. ET
- Sunday, Dec. 30 from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET
- Monday, Dec. 31 through Tuesday, Jan. 1 from 10 a.m. to 1 a.m. ET
Gevalia is an exquisitely smooth, rich, never bitter coffee experience that has been perfected by Swedes since 1853. From traditional to flavored, the Gevalia brand offers more than 50 varieties of premium coffee and 20 choices of tea, each delivering a unique taste experience. Gevalia coffee is made from the finest Arabica beans containing rich flavors that offer an unparalleled coffee experience. Previously available online only, Gevalia now offers its top ten varieties in U.S. coffee aisles nationwide.
About Kraft Foods Group
Kraft Foods Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: KRFT) is a new company that has been around 109 years. North America's fourth largest consumer packaged food and beverage company, Kraft had revenues of approximately $19 billion in 2011. The company has an unrivaled portfolio of products in the beverages, cheese, convenient meals and grocery categories. Its iconic brands include Kraft, Maxwell House, Oscar Mayer, Planters and JELL-O. Kraft's 25,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada have a passion for making the foods and beverages people love. Kraft Foods Group became an independent company on Oct. 1, 2012 and will be a member of the Standard & Poor's 500 index. For more information, visit www.kraft.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher