|By PR Newswire||
|December 26, 2012 06:00 AM EST||
SAN DIEGO, Dec. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Chrysler Group LLC's California Business Center proudly donated a 2012 Jeep® Wrangler to the San Diego-based Tierra Del Sol (TDS) 4 Wheel Drive Club in March 2012
- Tierra Del Sol 4 Wheel Drive Club 'Moparized' the Wrangler with parts donated from Mopar, Chrysler Group's parts and service provider
- Club to raffle off vehicle with proceeds used to increase awareness of land-use issues in California and the southwest
- Consumers can purchase the $4 raffle tickets from TDS in the Camp Jeep booth at the San Diego Auto Show; TDS and the Jeep Wrangler will be on-site for the entire show
- Winning ticket will be drawn at the 2012 San Diego International Auto Show on Dec. 30, 2012, at 2 p.m., in the Camp Jeep booth (winner need not be present)
On Dec. 30 at 2 p.m. PST, someone is going to receive a late Christmas present courtesy of the Jeep® brand and the Tierra Del Sol 4 Wheel Drive Club of San Diego.
The year 2012 marked the 50th anniversary of one of the largest and longest-running annual Jeep events in the country, the San Diego-based Tierra Del Sol (TDS) 4 Wheel Drive Club's Desert Safari.
In celebration of this milestone, the Jeep brand has donated a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport to the club. TDS then accessorized with parts from Mopar, Katzkin and Goodyear. Over the last nine months, the up-fitted Wrangler was transported to numerous locations and events throughout southern California, giving the club the opportunity to educate the public about land-use issues and sell raffle tickets for the vehicle's eventual sweepstakes drawing at the San Diego International Auto Show on Dec. 30.
"Tierra Del Sol has been promoting the enjoyment and protection of our natural resources, family outdoor living and responsible trail use for over 50 years. These are also core values of the Jeep brand," said Jason Stoicevich, Director - California Business Center, Chrysler Group LLC. "We're honored and proud to support the club and look forward to 50 more years!"
"Over the last nine months this vehicle has been taken to several cars shows, TV stations, street fairs and talked about on several radio stations," said Sweepstakes Chairman Wayne Miller. "We have tried to get word out about the sweepstakes and that the monies earned are going to the worthy causes that help keep Public Lands & Trails from being closed to responsible off-road users."
Mopar, Chrysler Group LLC's service, parts and customer-care brand, donated a significant amount of parts and accessories to the vehicle up-fit. All parts are available for consumers to purchase and have installed at local Jeep dealers.
Mopar Parts List:
Black fuel door - 82210285AB
Locking gas cap - 68030940AA
Hood lock, keyed to ignition- 82213051
Black taillight guards – 82210270AC
Black rock rails - 82210574AD
All weather rubber floor mats – 82210164AC
Black 5 hole wheels - P5155978
2" lift kit - P5155208
Heavy-duty front bumper – 82211715AC
Heavy-duty rear bumper – 82209744AB
Winch, Warn 9.5ti – 82209325AD
Built on more than 70 years of legendary heritage, Jeep is the authentic SUV brand with class-leading capability, craftsmanship and versatility for people who seek extraordinary journeys. The Jeep brand delivers an open invitation to live life to the fullest by offering a full line of vehicles that continue to provide owners with a sense of security to handle any journey with confidence.
The Jeep vehicle lineup includes Compass, Grand Cherokee, Liberty, Patriot, Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited. To meet consumer demand around the world, all Jeep models are sold outside North America – and all are available in right-hand drive versions and with gasoline and diesel powertrain options. Chrysler Group LLC sells and services vehicles in approximately 120 countries around the world.
Thursday, December 27, 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Friday, December 28, 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday, December 29, 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Sunday, December 30, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
SOURCE Chrysler Group LLC
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks