|By Marketwired .||
|December 25, 2012 08:00 PM EST||
BEIJING -- (Marketwire) -- 12/25/12 -- It would be impossible to visit Beijing without sampling the city's most famous meal but with so many options, where should one go for Peking duck? Thankfully, Lunar 8 at the Fairmont Beijing hotel has ended the search with its duck to end all ducks.
Named Beijing's best Peking duck in 2010 by Travel & Leisure magazine, Lunar 8's chef follows a closely-guarded recipe when preparing this dish. Blending the principles of traditional Chinese medicine with time-honored cooking techniques, Lunar 8's Peking duck is the result of years of training. After being roasted over aged jujube wood and being dressed with a blend of herbs and spices, Lunar 8 serves its Peking duck with traditional crêpes and homemade condiments.
In addition to the famed Peking duck, our Beijing restaurant's new menu features a delectable mix of popular Chinese delicacies, including hand-pulled noodles, flaming barbecue, delicate dim sum and spectacular wok dishes -- which are all made to order.
"The new menu features classic recipes and the best of traditional Chinese cooking enhanced with innovative techniques, and an emphasis on flavors, aroma, freshness and presentation," says Reto Borer, Fairmont Beijing's Director of Food and Beverage.
Set to be the venue of choice for discerning diners, the Beijing restaurant's new private dining rooms allow guests to enjoy the city's best Peking duck in well-appointed privacy. Available in various sizes, the inviting spaces are both intimate and sophisticated, featuring textured wallpapers in soothing hues, buttercream-colored carpeting, decorative wood and glass panels, custom-designed chandeliers and polished wood furniture, as well as full-length glass windows, which allow copious amount of natural light and stunning garden views.
To book your table at Lunar 8, please call +8610-8511-7777. Or, to plan your holiday at our Beijing hotel, call 1-866-551-5659.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is owned by Fairmont Raffles Hotels International, a leading global hotel company with 94 hotels worldwide under the Raffles, Fairmont and Swissôtel brands. The company also manages Fairmont and Raffles branded Residences, Estates and luxury private residence club properties. For more information or reservations, please visit www.fairmont.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London