|By Business Wire||
|December 25, 2012 09:01 AM EST||
The Golden Plume Award 2012, China’s most authoritative game award guided by the Organizing Committee of ChinaJoy and organized by Howell International Trade Fair Ltd., recently announced the award winners after a two-month voting.
The Golden Plume Award 2012 was also greatly supported by various Chinese governmental authorities including the General Administration of Press and Publication, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, the Ministry of Commerce and the State Administration of Radio, Film and Television etc.
During the past decade, the online game industry has grown into a market worth tens of billions of RMB in China. Currently it boasts an annual revenue of over 40 billion RMB, with an annual growth of nearly 20%, and a total of over 300 million users.
The annual Golden Plume Award is not only a reflection of the game players’ awareness and recognition of the games, but also a guide for the development of the industry. In recent years, China’s online game industry has learned from the popular overseas games in Chinese market and experienced a rapid growth. However, homogeneous products abound, and creativity is badly needed in the industry. Under these circumstances, the Golden Plume Award has been striving to accelerate the development of the domestic games and encourage technical upgrades to increase product diversity.
With the PC online game market getting saturated, the Golden Plume Award decided to add web games and mobile games prizes to reflect the market trends, for the emerging mobile game will possibly dominate the market in the future.
As the award intensifies in China’s game market, the game developers are facing a harsher environment, while the game players may benefit from it and obtain access to more quality games and better game experience. The competition for Web games and mobile games awards in 2013 is expected to attract wide attention in China’s game industry.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London