|By PR Newswire||
|December 25, 2012 12:01 AM EST||
WASHINGTON, Dec. 25, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Following is the daily "Profile America" feature from the U.S. Census Bureau:
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 25: CHRISTMAS DAY
Profile America — Tuesday, December 25th. Today is Christmas Day — observing the birth of Jesus and one of the happiest days in the long calendar of the year. Outside, in conditions ranging from snow to warm sunshine, children are busy trying out their shiny new treasures, ranging from skateboards to bikes. Inside, others are busy with video games and other electronic marvels. Many of the two-thirds of adults who are members of Christian churches will have attended services to honor the day. And in many of the more than 117 million households in America, holiday music and lights will be joined by the inviting smells of a special dinner to be shared with family and friends. The men and women of the U.S. Census Bureau across the nation wish you and your loved ones a joyous holiday.
Sources: Chase's Calendar of Events 2012, p. 600
Statistical Abstract of the United States 2012, t. 59, 75
Profile America is produced by the Center for New Media and Promotions of the U.S. Census Bureau. These daily features are available as produced segments, ready to air, on a monthly CD or on the Internet at http://www.census.gov (look for "Multimedia Gallery" by the "Newsroom" button).
SOURCE U.S. Census Bureau
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks