|By PR Newswire||
|December 24, 2012 05:52 PM EST||
BEIJING, Dec. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- A Nielsen survey on November 2012 shows that 48% of American kids want an iPad for Christmas, while 36% want an iPad mini. Mary Meeker comments in her 2012 KPCB Internet Trends Year-End Update at Stanford that there has been a re-imagining of nearly everything, including education. More and more applications for kids, like books, kids' games or education applications have appeared, which can be viewed as evidence of Mary Meeker's judgment. The Walt Disney Company, Nickelodeon and many other well-known companies have launched their own applications for kids and occupied important positions. In the days approaching Christmas, people may have noticed one e-book application for kids, Country Mouse City Mouse HD, which has continuously ranked first as a paid book application in the iTunes US store for nearly one week. The app was developed by a Chinese company called China Melonking International Group Co., Limited and is a rare triumph, as the children's application market is usually monopolized by well-known companies in Europe and America.
This app has been recommended by the US, China and many other app stores, and was dubbed "App of the Week" by iheartthisapp.com. Thanks to the excellent product quality and specified design matching with children's psychology and cognitive abilities, this app has been able to distinguish itself from so many homogeneous interactive e-books for kids. With the perfect combination of illustration, animation, interactive games and other elements, Country Mouse and City Mouse HD successfully brings children a high-quality immersive experience.
What makes it different from other apps is that it is embedded with fantastic games. What is more, it includes a reading incentive mechanism based on game achievements. "Tiger", an analyst from the iOS apps review site iapps.im said, "Country Mouse and City Mouse has set a good example on how to find a balance between kids' education and entertainment. The reactions of our users prove this is the trend for the future."
Child psychologists believe that such a design rewards children's reading behavior with positive feedback. Kids can find value from reading and this design has blurred the line to make a perfect combination of e-book, animation and games. The future of education can be seen in Country Mouse and City Mouse HD.
SOURCE China Melonking International Group Co., Limited
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks