|By PR Newswire||
|December 24, 2012 08:00 AM EST||
JERSEY CITY, N.J., Dec. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: OPTR) announced today that on December 21, 2012 the Inducement Grant Sub-committee of the Compensation, Nominating, and Corporate Governance Committee of its Board of Directors approved the grant of inducement restricted stock units covering an aggregate of 12,080 shares of common stock to 6 new employees.
Each restricted stock unit vests over three years, with one-third of the shares vesting on the first, second, and third anniversary of the applicable vesting commencement date, subject to the new employee's continued service relationship with the Company. Each restricted stock unit is subject to the terms and conditions of the Company's 2012 Equity Incentive Plan and the restricted stock unit agreement pursuant to which the award was granted.
The restricted stock units were granted as inducements material to the new employees entering into employment with Optimer in accordance with NASDAQ Listing Rule 5635(c)(4).
About Optimer Pharmaceuticals
Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative hospital specialty products that have a positive impact on society. Optimer developed DIFICID® (fidaxomicin) tablets, an FDA-approved macrolide antibacterial drug for the treatment of Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea (CDAD) in adults 18 years of age and older and is commercializing DIFICID in the US and Canada. Optimer also received marketing authorization for fidaxomicin tablets in the European Union where its partner, Astellas Pharma Europe, is commercializing fidaxomicin under the trade name DIFICLIR™. The Company is exploring marketing authorization in other parts of the world where C. difficile has emerged as a serious health problem, including Asia. Additional information can be found at http://www.optimerpharma.com.
Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
David Walsey, VP of Investor Relations and Corporate Communications
Jason I. Spark, Senior Vice President
SOURCE Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks