|By PR Newswire||
|December 22, 2012 07:45 AM EST||
NASHVILLE, Tenn., Dec. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) associates working at stores in the company's Mid-South and Atlanta Divisions have ratified a new labor agreement with UFCW Local 1995.
"We are pleased to reach an agreement that is good for our associates and allows us to be competitive in the region," said John Hackett, president of Kroger's Mid-South Division.
Bruce Lucia, president of Kroger's Atlanta Division said, "I want to thank our associates for their patience during the negotiation process. I am grateful to work with a dedicated and professional team committed to serving our customers with excellence."
The contract covers 10,500 associates working in stores for Kroger's Mid-South and Atlanta Divisions. It includes Nashville and Knoxville, TN; Huntsville, AL and Bowling Green, KY.
Kroger, one of the world's largest retailers, employs more than 339,000 associates who serve customers in 2,422 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Jay C, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 790 convenience stores, 344 fine jewelry stores, 1,141 supermarket fuel centers and 37 food processing plants in the U.S. Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 160 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. A leader in supplier diversity, Kroger is a proud member of the Billion Dollar Roundtable and the U.S. Hispanic Chamber's Million Dollar Club.
SOURCE The Kroger Co.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher