|By PR Newswire||
|December 22, 2012 12:01 AM EST||
WASHINGTON, Dec. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Following is the daily "Profile America" feature from the U.S. Census Bureau:
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 22: MAKING COFFEE
Profile America — Saturday, December 22nd. Millions of bleary-eyed Americans who stumble around in the morning owe a lot to someone they never heard of — James H. Nason of Franklin, Massachusetts. This month in 1865, he received a patent for a coffee percolator, making it much easier to brew just the right cup of coffee to get started in the morning. Now, not only does just about every home in the U.S. have a coffee maker but many also grind their own fresh from coffee beans. Millions of Americans enjoy coffee all during the day and depend on the nation's 19,000 coffee shops to brew just the right cup of regular, decaf, latte or espresso to keep them going. Those shops sell more than $10 billion worth of coffee annually. You can find more facts about America from the U.S. Census Bureau, online at www.census.gov.
Sources: American Speaker Calendar of Events
2007 Economic Census, NAICS 7222135
Profile America is produced by the Center for New Media and Promotions of the U.S. Census Bureau. These daily features are available as produced segments, ready to air, on a monthly CD or on the Internet at http://www.census.gov (look for "Multimedia Gallery" by the "Newsroom" button).
SOURCE U.S. Census Bureau
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?