|By PR Newswire||
|December 21, 2012 09:13 PM EST||
HOLLYWOOD, Calif., Dec. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Audiences at special 3D showtimes for Paramount Pictures' film spectacular "CIRQUE DU SOLEIL: WORLDS AWAY" will receive an enhanced movie going experience December 21st through December 24th.
During the 12:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. showtimes in the U.S. and 1:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. showtimes in Canada, ticketholders will experience the world of "CIRQUE DU SOLEIL: WORLDS AWAY" through the eyes of its star Erica Linz with a behind-the-scenes featurette. In addition, audiences at participating RealD 3D locations will receive "CIRQUE DU SOLEIL: WORLDS AWAY" limited-edition commemorative 3D movie glasses – while supplies last.
On Christmas Day, when the film extends its theatrical engagement with regular showtimes in North America, ticketholders at RealD 3D showings at participating Regal Cinemas will receive special paper masks inspired by the Cirque du Soleil live shows featured in the film – while supplies last. The masks were designed by Cirque du Soleil and adhere to RealD 3D glasses, turning them into Cirque-themed collectibles.
From the big top to the big screen, visionary Academy Award®-winning filmmaker James Cameron and director Andrew Adamson ("Shrek," "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe") invite you and your family on an all new 3D adventure: "CIRQUE DU SOLEIL: WORLDS AWAY." A young couple who is separated must journey through the astonishing and dreamlike worlds of Cirque du Soleil to find each other as audiences experience the immersive 3D technology that will allow them to leap, soar, swim and dance with the performers. Written and directed by Andrew Adamson and executive produced by James Cameron, Jacques Methe, Cary Granat and Ed Jones. The film was produced by Cirque's Martin Bolduc , Andrew Adamson and Aron Warner. Vince Pace oversaw the 3D stereo production aspect of the film.
"CIRQUE DU SOLEIL: WORLDS AWAY" opens in theaters today.
For additional information about the film, please visit: http://www.worldsaway3d.com/.
About Paramount Pictures Corporation
Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment, is a unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. Paramount controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, Insurge Pictures, MTV Films, and Nickelodeon Movies. PPC operations also include Paramount Famous Productions, Paramount Home Media Distribution, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group.
SOURCE Paramount Pictures Corporation
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London