|By PR Newswire||
|December 20, 2012 11:39 AM EST||
CHICAGO, Dec. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Every important trip requires a roadmap. Five years ago Founder and CEO of Rising Medical Solutions, Jason Beans, penned what he wanted his company to look like in 2013.
Beans' goal for Rising was to be much more than just a company handling workers compensation bill review or providing workers comp utilization review services. After many drafts, Beans completed Rising's "Look-Out Point," a clear, aggressive and entertaining 11-page vision plan. It's a roadmap for employees and gives customers a look at what makes the Company tick.
He recommends these five tips:
1) Write in the present: Base your plan in the here and now, not future. Say, "We are leading healthcare in a new direction." Not, "We will lead healthcare in a new direction."
2) Get specific on outcomes: Pick some tangible targets and make sure they're clearly stated.
3) Stay general on how: Don't get bogged down in explaining how your team will get to the end. Instead, treat it like a party. Tell everyone where and when and let them figure out how to get there.
4) Inspire: People want to be a part of something amazing. A winning team. Changing the world for the better. Let them know how they are going to do those things.
5) Be bold: Identify your long-term BHAG (big, hairy, audacious goal). The five-year plan is not the end of the line; it's the beginning of a long exciting journey. You have to hit base camp one on your way to the summit of Everest. Having a long-term plan will keep people motivated and humble.
Beans shares the "Look-Out Point" with every new hire and they're tested to ensure they know it. He also reviews it regularly, including one section each month in the leadership meeting, so it becomes part of the company's DNA.
The last five years have reaped many dividends for Rising, including:
* A more than tripling of revenues
* An Inc. 5000 ranking every year
* A 106% increase in client base
* Office expansion in downtown Chicago, plus new offices in Milwaukee, Phoenix and Tampa
* New service and technology offerings, like: Business Intelligence and Analytics for Claims, Ultimate Claims Management and Physician Pharmacy Review
Beans is now in the midst of setting the next five-year plan with an eye towards moving people out of their comfort zones – an element he feels is critical. "We learned a lot the first time around and we are excited to stretch to achieve the next phase of our BHAG," said Beans. "Our Core Values will continue to lead us there."
About Rising Medical Solutions: Rising is a national firm that provides medical bill review, hospital bill review, utilization review services and other medical cost containment offerings. Inc. magazine ranks the Chicago-based company as one of the fastest growing private enterprises in America.
Media Contact: Leslie Yeransian- 617.733.1225, email@example.com
SOURCE Rising Medical Solutions
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher