|By PR Newswire||
|December 20, 2012 11:32 AM EST||
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Dec. 20, 2012 /CNW/ - With just a few shopping days left before Christmas, World Vision is urging Canadians to make a difference with their last-minute gifts , to give one that is most needed by families overseas.
"Last-minute shopping is certainly stressful, but Canadians can shop easily from home for thoughtful gifts that meet urgent needs," says Caroline Riseboro, vice-president, World Vision Canada. "Our Most Needed Gifts list includes presents that provide economic security for a family, a safer delivery for a baby and protection from harm for children."
Canadians can help people by giving a gift from World Vision Gifts. The development agency has announced its "Most Needed Gifts" for 2012, and while animals like sheep and goats remain ever-popular, some not-so-cuddly items have made this year's list.
- Beehive ($100) Beekeeping kit ($60)
- Clean Water for One Family ($100)
- Emergency Water and Sanitation for One Family ($100)
- Help for a Sexually Exploited Child ($75)
- Latrine for a Community ($125)
- Pre/Post-natal Care for a Mother and Child ($100)
- Help for Women and Girls in Crisis ($100)
A beehive is a gift that helps parents earn money to pay for healthcare and school fees. It produces up to 50 kilos of honey a year which, along with beeswax, can be sold in local markets.
Ideal for last-minute shoppers, these gifts can be easily purchased online at www.worldvision.ca/gifts. For each gift, you can send or instantly print an e-card that details how the gift is changing a life.
Join the conversation online with the twitter hashtag #meaningfulgifts.
World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. Visit our News Centre at worldvision.ca
SOURCE World Vision Canada
Video with caption: "Video: Clean Water is featured on World Vision's 'Most Needed Gifts' list, a useful guide for last-minute shoppers who want to give thoughtful presents. Visit www.worldvision.ca/gifts for more details". Video available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TguZurAF2QE#
Image with caption: "Clean Water is featured on the 'Most Needed Gifts' list from World Vision. Canadians have a global impact when they choose to give tangible donations, like clean water, as presents. (CNW Group/World Vision Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20121220_C2548_PHOTO_EN_22144.jpg
Image with caption: "A Beehive is featured on the 'Most Needed Gifts' list from World Vision. Canadians have a global impact when they choose to give tangible donations, like Beehives, as presents. (CNW Group/World Vision Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20121220_C2548_PHOTO_EN_22155.jpg
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks