|By PR Newswire||
|December 19, 2012 11:24 AM EST||
MIAMI, Dec. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Miamians who are looking to rent a car to drive home for Christmas better set aside a big chunk of their holiday cash. According to a new survey from CheapCarRental.net, rental rates will be more than triple their usual price in Miami over the holidays. The survey specifically compared the car rental rates of 30 U.S. destinations for the Christmas period spanning December 22–27.
In Miami, car renters will currently have to spend $84 per day over the Christmas timeframe, and that's for the cheapest available car. That's a $250% increase compared to the regular rental rates of $24 per day. It's also, by far, the biggest percentage hike among all destinations evaluated in the survey.
Other cities also experiencing strongly elevated car rental rates are Phoenix and Denver. In Phoenix, a vehicle will cost renters at least $76 per day during the Christmas holiday season. That figure represents an increase of 181% compared to regular rates. In Denver, the daily cost will be a bit lower at $62 per day but still a triple-digit increase of 148%.
The most expensive location overall to rent a vehicle is Hawaii's Honolulu. There, the cheapest available car will cost renters $106 over the Christmas time period, according to the survey. That's 112% more than it would normally set them back.
The following table shows the ten destinations where car rental rates have risen the most for the Christmas holidays. The rates shown reflect average rates for the cheapest available car during the period spanning December 22 through December 27.
1. Miami $84 (+250%)
2. Phoenix $76 (+181%)
3. Denver $62 (+148%)
4. Las Vegas $56 (+143%)
5. Honolulu $106 (+112%)
6. Minneapolis $61 (+110%)
7. Orlando $41 (+105%)
8. San Diego $45 (+91%)
9. Chicago $57 (+90%)
10. Los Angeles $40 (+70%)
For the full results of the survey, visit http://www.cheapcarrental.net/press/christmas-2012.html
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks