|By PR Newswire||
|December 19, 2012 06:17 AM EST||
STOCKHOLM, December 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Plingm, the Swedish mobile VoIP app launches free mobile group chat that connects LinkedIn's 151 million users worldwide. Via Plingm, LinkedIn users can also call each other for free.
"In a turbulent job market, the need to network professionally is greater than ever. By making it easier to communicate with work related contacts, we hope that more people will find new dream jobs," says Pandelis Eliopoulos, co-founder of Plingm.
Via Plingm chat, LinkedIn's 151 million users can now chat for free, one by one or with group chat. Thanks to an innovative back-end solution, LinkedIn users can also use Plingm to call each other for free even if they don't have each other's telephone numbers.
Chat, also known as Instant Messaging, is increasingly replacing the traditional text messages that are sent via operator networks. As chat messages are sent via the internet, either wifi or 3G, these messages are free to send domestically and internationally.
"Traditional text messaging has played out its role. As the use of social media grows and matures, a communication app which allows borderless messaging is a logical evolution of mobile communication," says Pandelis Eliopoulos, co-founder of Plingm.
How to do it
Download the Plingm app from App Store and accept to connect with your LinkedIn account. The app automatically scans and imports all your contacts to a social address book. Calls and chat between Plingm users are free, domestically and internationally. LinkedIn calls and chat for Android will be available first quarter 2013.
About the app
With an impressive consumer rating on App Store and Google Play, the communication app Plingm combines quality with user-friendliness. Calling and chatting with this app instead of a traditional operator will save people large sums of money, particularly on international communication. At a low rate, consumers can also call friends not yet using Plingm.
Plingm develops innovative people friendly technology that enables people cost efficient ways to communicate. The company was founded by entrepreneurs from the telecommunications- and Internet industry. Plingm is based in Stockholm and active in 170 markets. More info on plingm.com
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks