|By PR Newswire||
|December 19, 2012 04:01 AM EST||
READING, England, December 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Strengthens position as a leading provider of managed IT services from its own data centres in the UK
Managed Cloud, hosting and connectivity expert, Pulsant, today announces its acquisition of one of Scotland's leading independent colocation providers, ScoLocate. The move, which boosts Pulsant's operational scale with the addition of ScoLocate's 75,000 sq ft data centre facility and dedicated support team, is part of Pulsant's continued strategic growth programme to become one of the UK's leading data centre services provider.
ScoLocate's data centre in Edinburgh hosts over 30 telecommunication carriers, making it one of the most connected commercially available data centres outside the M25.
This acquisition will bring Pulsant's nationwide network of data centres up to 10, positioning it as a leading supplier of data centre services in the UK. The expanding network is designed to give customers greater choice by allowing them to access multiple regional data centres offering a range of high availability options. It will also make Pulsant the first supplier to be able to deliver services from wholly-owned, dual sites in Scotland.
This is a significant step in the continued development of Pulsant. The combined business will have 240,000 sq ft of data centre space, a total rack capacity in excess of 4,000, and will service over 3,000 public and private sector clients directly, and many thousands more indirectly.
All of ScoLocate's existing 25 staff will join Pulsant's 150 strong team of highly-skilled data centre services personnel, helping to further enhance the delivery of its managed hosting, cloud infrastructure, managed network and colocation services.
The Pulsant management team is experienced in successful acquisition and operational integration, having formed Pulsant from the merger of DediPower, Lumison and Blue Square Data. The further addition of ScoLocate brings the company's combined 2012 revenue to over £40 million.
Mark Howling, CEO of Pulsant, comments, "ScoLocate is a fantastic acquisition for Pulsant - and a great fit in terms of culture, customer-centric approach and facilities. Not only does it support our UK data centre presence by adding outstanding network connectivity and additional data centre capacity, it also provides us with a strong team of like-minded, highly-skilled individuals who are experts in supporting data centre services. This moves us further towards our goal of being the data centre services partner of choice for UK businesses."
- Pulsant supports more than 3,000 mid-tier and enterprise customers from its eight UK-based ISO 27001 compliant data centres.
- Pulsant provides world class technology and exceptional people creating advanced and innovative solutions that optimise performance and cost effectively manage, store and safeguard data.
- Pulsant's 'Triple-A' service models ensures the right 'Access, Ability and Action' to deliver 24/7 support from multiple UK-based operation centres.
- 100% of the energy used within Pulsant's data centres is from renewable sources.
For more information, please visit http://www.pulsant.com
Alan Miller/ Sarah Wilson
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks