|By PR Newswire||
|December 19, 2012 04:01 AM EST||
LONDON, Dec. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ConvaTec, a world-leading developer of innovative medical technologies, is pleased to announce that the Court of Appeal in the Royal Courts of Justice in the United Kingdom has upheld a previous court's decision validating ConvaTec's patent for its innovative design and manufacturing process for producing silver wound dressings.
This mirrors a similar decision in the European Patent Office last month that ConvaTec's patents for silver wound dressings around Europe are valid.
ConvaTec's AQUACEL® Ag wound dressings include ionic silver, which kills harmful bacteria.
"We were pleased with the original court's decision to uphold our patent and are gratified with this new ruling against Smith & Nephew's appeal," said Ken Berger, CEO. "This ruling recognizes ConvaTec's scientific innovation in the wound care area and the need to protect such work."
ConvaTec's AQUACEL® wound dressings have a gel-forming wound contact layer that promotes healing and protects against infection. The AQUACEL® Ag wound dressing adds ionic silver for even more protection against harmful bacteria.
ConvaTec is a leading developer and marketer of innovative medical technologies that have helped improve the lives of millions of people worldwide. With four key focus areas – Ostomy Care, Wound Therapeutics, Continence and Critical Care, and Infusion Devices – ConvaTec products support healthcare professionals from the hospital to the community health setting. The company has world class manufacturing on nearly every continent and a production network of 12 plants in nine countries. For more information, please visit www.convatec.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks