|By PR Newswire||
|December 19, 2012 02:10 AM EST||
LINGSHI, China, Dec. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- From December 17 to 18, 2012, the first China Lingshi International Print Biannual Show was ceremoniously opened in Lingshi, a county in Jinzhong of Shanxi province, which started up the construction of the famous Chinese print base. An original report on this story by City Channel of CRI Online follows.
Marriage between historic heritage and cultural wealth
The appearance of Niuwen Art Gallery is the perfect combination between the historic heritage left by ancient businessmen in this land and the precious cultural wealth created by artists, resulting in a creative and organic integration of cultural tourism in Lingshi.
"South Branch" and "North Branch" Push for print development
Based on print collections and extended by R&D in print production, the county is striving to become the home of print shows by making every effort to develop itself as a famous Chinese "Lingshi Print" print base with shows, collections, and research and development.
Build up an international communication platform by localization and globalization
By means of localization and internationalization, the print base will enhance communication and cooperation with higher schools of fine art and print both at home and abroad, and gradually build the base into an international print art communication platform.
Print, a kind of picture printed by a plate that is carved or etched, is a form of painting. Print art goes through two phases: copy and creation. Painters, carvers and printers are involved in the history of print creation; carvers carve the plate according to the sketch, creating what is known as a copied print, while printers and painters create prints unaided. This manual technique especially showcases the creativity of the artist.
China's earliest existing copied print, a picture of the head of The Vajracchedika Prajnaparamita Sutra (Xiantong Edition), was created 1000 years ago, while the earliest created print, crafted by Lu Xun, appeared in 1930s.
How to get there
Take a train from Beijing to Lingshi, Shanxi province
For more information, please contact:
SOURCE City Channel of CRI Online
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher