|By Business Wire||
|December 19, 2012 01:19 AM EST||
Serco, the international services company, today announces that it has acquired the arm of MENA Business Services FZ LLC (MBS) based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. MBS is a fully-owned, Dubai-registered company that provides Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) services across the Middle East.
The Saudi Arabian business has 150 employees, based in Al Khobar, near Dammam, providing high quality IT and BPO services to Saudi Aramco (Arabian Refining & Marketing Company), the world’s largest petroleum business.
This is a key milestone for Serco’s Global BPO business which entered the Middle East market last year by setting up a center in Dubai. The Saudi acquisition brings additional skills and capabilities to support expansion in areas of technical and back office support in the Saudi Arabian Market, the largest economy within the Middle-Eastern region. It adds to Serco’s significant global BPO capabilities which already provide services to international clients from 100 centres in 12 countries and employs more than 50,000 people.
Susir Kumar, Executive Chairman, Serco Global Services, said, “This acquisition is a key catalyst for Serco Global Services to enter the emerging Saudi Arabian market. MBS aligns with our vision of providing high quality services to blue-chip companies around the world and it brings with it a very talented workforce and deep customer partnerships. We are delighted to welcome the MBS Saudi management team, employees and clients within the Serco fold.”
Chief Executive Officer of Serco Global Services AMEAA, Bhupender Singh, said, “The Middle East & Africa region is a key market for Serco’s BPO business. With a presence in UAE, South Africa and now Saudi Arabia, we have established a strong foothold in the region. We look forward to bringing our best-of-breed services such as Customer Service, Marketing, Finance & Accounting and other back-office shared services to the Saudi market and in the process hiring and up-skilling the local Saudi talent pool and engaging in long-term relationships with Saudi corporations.”
The Middle East BPO market is estimated at £1.75b and growing at about 17% (Datamonitor).The United Arab Emirates (UAE) and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) are the two largest BPO markets in this region.
More information can be found at www.serco.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks