|By PR Newswire||
|December 19, 2012 12:01 AM EST||
WASHINGTON, Dec. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Following is the daily "Profile America" feature from the U.S. Census Bureau:
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19: FIREPLACES
Profile America — Wednesday, December 19th. Many of the holiday cards we receive picture either Santa Claus or families gathered around the hearth to enjoy the warmth and color of a fireplace. For much of the nation's history, every home was heated by multiple fireplaces, and all households had to cut and stack wood for cooking and to keep the house warm. Now, fireplaces are primarily a source of charm and ambiance. Many open wood burning fireplaces have been altered to accept a metal insert, which burns wood more thoroughly and reduces pollution. Stores selling wood burning stoves are among the more than 19,000 home furnishing stores across the country, which rack up sales of nearly $29 billion annually. You can find more facts about America from the U.S. Census Bureau, online at www.census.gov.
Sources: 2007 Economic Census, NAICS 442299
Profile America is produced by the Center for New Media and Promotions of the U.S. Census Bureau. These daily features are available as produced segments, ready to air, on a monthly CD or on the Internet at http://www.census.gov (look for "Multimedia Gallery" by the "Newsroom" button).
SOURCE U.S. Census Bureau
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher