|By PR Newswire||
|December 18, 2012 06:46 PM EST||
IRVING, Texas, Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- BT thanks the Federal Communications Commission for moving forward with a mandatory data request for special access. This is a much-needed step towards setting new rules to reinstate competition and vibrancy in the broken special access market.
Reform is key to enabling businesses to address the challenges of today's economy. As a global company operating in 170 countries around the world, BT has witnessed first-hand the positive impact that addressing access bottlenecks can have on broadband deployment, innovation, jobs, and growth. We believe the data collected by the FCC will demonstrate that special access is a failed market in the US, with overpriced and uncompetitive services.
We thank the Commission for their focus on this issue, and for working to ensure a fair deal for American consumers, businesses, governments, and all who rely on reasonably priced broadband Internet services. BT looks forward to supporting the Commission throughout this process.
For more information about this statement, please contact Jennifer Taylor, Vice President, US Government Affairs for BT Group at +1 202 679 5736 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All news releases can be accessed at our web site: http://www.btplc.com/news
BT is one of the world's leading providers of communications services and solutions, serving customers in more than 170 countries. Its principal activities include the provision of networked IT services globally; local, national and international telecommunications services to its customers for use at home, at work and on the move; broadband and internet products and services and converged fixed/mobile products and services. BT consists principally of four lines of business: BT Global Services, BT Retail, BT Wholesale and Openreach.
In the year ended 31 March 2012, BT Group's revenue was £18,897m with profit before taxation of £2,445m.
British Telecommunications plc (BT) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BT Group plc and encompasses virtually all businesses and assets of the BT Group. BT Group plc is listed on stock exchanges in London and New York.
For more information, visit www.btplc.com
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher