|By PR Newswire||
|December 18, 2012 04:10 PM EST||
ROCHESTER, N.Y., Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Rochester RazorSharks officially hire former two-time NBA Champion Cliff Levingston as new head coach.
Former NBA player Cliff Levingston has been named head coach for the Rochester RazorSharks of the Premier Basketball League (PBL), the team announced at a press conference Tuesday.
Levingston will replace Rob Baker, who announced his departure on September 22 after accepting an assistant coach position in the NBA Development League. During his tenure, Baker led the RazorSharks to three PBL championships and was named "Coach of the Year" three years in a row.
"After interviewing many talented candidates, we concluded that Cliff Levingston is the best fit for this position. We are excited to welcome him as the new coach of the RazorSharks and are confident that his experience and coaching style will continue to uphold the high-performance standards for the team,'' said Dr. Sev Hrywnak, the team owner.
Levingston played six seasons for the Atlanta Hawks before joining the Chicago Bulls, where he won NBA championships in 1991 and 1992 before retiring in 1995.
In 2000, Levingston began his coaching career as head coach for the Dodge City Legends of the United States Basketball League (USBL), where he won "Coach of the Year "in 2002.
Levingston will join the team this week as the RazorSharks prepare for the 2013 PBL season, scheduled to begin in March. Levingston will look to continue the team's success, which includes four PLB championships since the RazorSharks inaugural season in 2005.
The Rochester RazorSharks are a professional basketball team based in Rochester, New York. They are members of the Premier Basketball League and play their home games at the Blue Cross Arena in downtown Rochester.
For more information on the Premier Basketball League including team schedules, visit: www.ThePBL.com. For any inquiries please contact Dominic Turcotte, Director of International Development at Dominic@thepbl.com or by phone at 773-385-5748.
SOURCE The Rochester RazorSharks
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher