|By PR Newswire||
|December 18, 2012 03:09 PM EST||
DUBLIN, Ohio, Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- 'Tis the season for cherishing special moments with family. But what about those who don't have one? To honor children in foster care, Wendy's is asking American families to tune into CBS Television Network's 14th Annual "A Home for the Holidays," a program honoring the joys of adoption told through inspirational stories from families involved in this rewarding process and performances by Rachel Crow, Melissa Etheridge, Rascal Flatts and other entertainers. The special, sponsored by Wendy's, airs Wednesday, December 19, at 8:00 p.m. EST on CBS.
With more than 400,000 children in foster care in the United States, and over 100,000 of them available for adoption, Wendy's is also encouraging consumers to "tweet it" to "treat it" back to this important cause. For every tweet using #TreatItFwd until December 21, Wendy's will donate 50¢ to the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption™ (DTFA), the non-profit organization established in 1992 by Wendy's founder Dave Thomas, who was adopted. Wendy's will donate up to $25,000 to the Foundation in support of Wendy's Wonderful Kids, the signature program of DTFA that focuses on moving America's longest-waiting children in foster care into adoptive families.
"Our involvement in 'A Home for the Holidays' and our social media fundraising are just a few ways we give back to the communities and families we serve every year," said Emil Brolick, President and CEO of Wendy's International. "We are grateful for the support of our customers who have helped us raise more than $10 million this year to find permanent loving homes for children in foster care."
Wendy's provides a range of ways for its customers to get involved throughout the year, such as:
- Offering donation canisters at its restaurants' front counters
- Donating 50¢ to DTFA for each Frosty™ purchased over Father's Day Weekend
- Selling $1 Halloween Frosty coupon books for free Jr. Frosty desserts
To date, Wendy's has helped more than 3,000 children in foster care find forever families, and several thousand more have been matched with families and are awaiting adoption. Data from a five-year study of Wendy's Wonderful Kids shows that children referred to the program are up to three times more likely to get adopted.
The Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption
The Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption is a national nonprofit public charity dedicated exclusively to finding permanent homes for the more than 145,000 children waiting in North America's foster care systems. Created by Wendy's founder Dave Thomas who was adopted, the Foundation implements results-driven national programs, foster care adoption awareness and advocacy initiatives. To learn more, visit www.davethomasfoundation.org or call 1-800-ASK-DTFA.
About The Wendy's Company
The Wendy's Company is the world's third largest quick-service hamburger company. The Wendy's system includes more than 6,500 franchise and company restaurants in the U.S. and 27 countries and U.S. territories worldwide. For more information visit www.wendys.com, or www.aboutwendys.com.
Denny Lynch, 614-764-3553
Melissa Golden, 404-879-9065
SOURCE The Wendy’s Company
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks