|By Marketwired .||
|December 18, 2012 03:08 PM EST||
SANTA BARBARA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/18/12 -- St. Vincent's launched its Christmas appeal to benefit the single mothers and their young children in St. Vincent's Family Strengthening Program, a life-transforming experience providing low-income families with a full range of support services.
"As St. Vincent's prepares to celebrate the birth of the Christ child, we are mindful of the needs of the at-risk children and their mothers in our program," said Sister Margaret Keaveney, D.C., President and CEO of St. Vincent's. "With generous community support, for which we are so thankful, we can offer these mothers and their children hope and resources this Christmas and in the New Year."
In the past five years, St. Vincent's Family Strengthening Program has helped more than 224 mothers and 286 young children move from homelessness to stabilization. "My daughter was four months old, but she had been born premature," said one of the mothers in the program last year. "With all of the stress I was feeling, I could hardly believe I had a little baby to take care of. I was totally overwhelmed. I could not have done it without St. Vincent's."
Donors can direct their gift to a specific need. For example, they can contribute $1,000 for the care of a mother and her baby for one month, $200 for a baby stroller, or $75 for a welcome basket, including all the newborn essentials, or one month's worth of diapers. Especially during these difficult economic times, St. Vincent's is grateful for the community's continued kindness.
Established by the Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul, St. Vincent's is the longest, continuously-operating nonprofit human service agency in Santa Barbara. With a Tradition of Caring Since 1858, St. Vincent's serves the most vulnerable residents of Santa Barbara County by providing affordable housing, early childhood education, and family enrichment opportunities.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2185596
(805) 683-6381 x110
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks