|By PR Newswire||
|December 18, 2012 01:44 PM EST||
WASHINGTON, Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Congressman Chaka Fattah (D-PA-02) issues this statement:
"I applaud the actions by Dick's Sporting Goods and the private equity firm Cerberus to address the availability of assault weapons in the wake of last week's terrible events in Newtown, Connecticut.
"Dick's Sporting Goods will suspend sales of modern 'sporting' rifles nationwide and remove guns from sale and display near Newtown. Cerberus has announced that it will sell off investments and end its relationship with the Freedom Group that manufactures and markets the type of Bushmaster semi-automatic rifle used at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
"These demonstrations of corporate responsibility and leadership at a very difficult time for our nation are encouraging and are to be commended."
SOURCE Office of Congressman Chaka Fattah
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London