|By PR Newswire||
|December 18, 2012 01:35 PM EST||
LONDON, December 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
When someone has a problem with a product which they have purchased, they often return it to the shop for a refund or exchange. Products offered for sale should have passed tests to ensure they are safe to use and are suitable for the purpose for which they have been provided. Unfortunately, some products are still sold that are defective, which may result in someone suffering an injury. Many consumers are not aware of their rights under the Consumer Protection Act 1987 which incorporates the European Product Safety Directive and which is designed to protect consumers. Manufacturers, distributors, suppliers and retailers are all responsible for products they design, manufacture and sell and if you have been caused injury as a result of a defective product, you may be entitled to claim compensation.
First Personal Injury has experience of this area of the law and has recently settled a claim for Product Liability where our client had purchased a wallpaper stripper/steamer. Our client and her daughter assembled the steamer according to the instructions and as the client and her daughter started to use it, it exploded, causing our client to be splashed with boiling water and sustain burns and scarring. The Defendants denied liability throughout the claim, arguing that any defect was in fact caused by our client not assembling the product correctly. As a result, Court Proceedings were issued and prior to the case going to Court, settlement was reached in the sum of £6,000. As this matter was funded by a Conditional Fee Agreement ("no win no fee" agreement), our client did not have to pay any costs to First Personal Injury. These costs were paid by the Defendant in addition to the amount received by our client.
The Solicitors at First Personal Injury have a wealth of experience in dealing with Product Liability claims and therefore if you have suffered an injury as a result of a defective product, exchanging the product or obtaining a refund may not be the only option available to you.
Please feel free to contact us to discuss your potential claim.
About First Personal Injury
First Personal Injury is a leading firm of specialist personal injury solicitors based in the North West and acting on behalf of Claimants nationwide.
First Personal Injury has a wealth of experience in dealing with personal injury matters such as medical negligence and the work accident claim process, amongst others and is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
First Personal Injury is a member of the Law Society's Personal Injury Panel and is also a panel member of Headway, the brain injury charity. First Personal Injury is a member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL).
For further information, to use online tools such as the work accident compensation calculator, or to find out if you can make a claim, please contact First Personal Injury free and confidentially at http://www.firstpersonalinjury.co.uk or on +44(0)800-014-1629.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London