|By PR Newswire||
|December 18, 2012 11:13 AM EST||
HARRISBURG, Pa., Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The State Museum of Pennsylvania will welcome 2013 with its annual Noon Year's Eve celebration for young children and their families on Thursday, Dec. 27, from 10 a.m. to noon.
This family-friendly event is free with museum admission and no reservations are required.
Noon Year's Eve provides an opportunity for kids to ring in the New Year with their families. The event features playtime, snacks and the museum's famous firefly and balloon drop in Memorial Hall at noon.
This year's celebration focuses on the arts with special crafts and fun demonstrations by Daniel Vangeli, a Lebanon artist featured in the Pennsylvania Watercolor Society exhibit currently on display at the museum.
The State Museum of Pennsylvania, adjacent to the State Capitol in Harrisburg, is one of 25 historic sites and museums administered by the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission as part of the Pennsylvania Trails of History®.
The State Museum offers expansive collections interpreting Pennsylvania's fascinating heritage. With exhibits examining the dawn of geologic time, the Native American experience, the colonial and revolutionary era, a pivotal Civil War battleground, and the Commonwealth's vast industrial age, The State Museum demonstrates that Pennsylvania's story is America's story.
Museum hours are Wednesday through Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
Admission is $5 for adults, $4 for children and senior citizens.
For more information about the museum, visit www.statemuseumpa.org.
Media Contact: Howard Pollman, 717-705-8639
SOURCE Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher