|By PR Newswire||
|December 18, 2012 11:11 AM EST||
MIAMI BEACH, Fla., Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Mixed In Key (www.mixedinkey.com) today announced the release of Mixed In Key 5.5, the latest version of its harmonic-mixing software used by top DJs, including Pete Tong and Paul Oakenfold, as well as aspiring and hobbyist DJs around the world. Mixed In Key quickly identifies the keys and tempos of music files, making it easy to create mashups and perfect DJ sets. Version 5.5 offers for the first time, energy analysis giving songs their own danceability rating, providing DJs with a new tool to create perfect sets.
"Our energy analysis is a radically new way to predict crowd reaction. It makes it easy to sort your entire music collection into low, medium and high-energy tracks," said Yakov Vorobyev, president of Mixed In Key. "This new feature analyzes the rhythm, the bass line and the melody of each track and shows you the danceability of each track."
Mixed In Key's key-detection algorithm provides unmatched accuracy and sophistication, and can even detect key changes within songs. Key changes are shown in the waveform display of the Audio Player, allowing users to see where the change occurs.
Mixed In Key uses the "Camelot Wheel" system, which displays key names on a circular, numbered and color-coded chart, to make harmonic mixing easy for DJs by graphically showing which songs are compatible with each other. Once the software has analyzed a collection of songs (e.g. an iTunes library), clicking on a key name on the Camelot Wheel instantly brings up all songs in that key to quickly browse compatible songs.
Mixed In Key 5.5
- Energy analysis provides "danceability" rating
- Audio support: MP3, WAV and now AIFF and FLAC
- Video support: M4A and MP4
- Analyzes music collection to display key and compatibility of tracks
- Ability to see key changes in the middle of the track
- Clickable "Camelot Wheel" to browse songs quickly
- Built-in audio player
- Integrates with all DJ software and hardware including, Native Instruments Traktor, Serato DJ and Scratch Live, Pioneer CDJs, Virtual DJ and Ableton Live
Pricing and Availability
Mixed In Key 5.5 for Windows and Mac OS X is now available as a digital download from http://www.MixedInKey.com for $58 US dollars. The upgrade from Mixed In Key 4.0 is priced at $29.99.
High resolution images are available from http://mixedinkey.com/Press.zip
About Mixed In Key LLC
Mixed In Key is a DJ-powered company founded by Yakov Vorobyev in early 2006. Mixed In Key software is currently the #1 harmonic-mixing DJ tool used by tens of thousands of professional DJs, as well as GRAMMY®-winning producers. The company also produces Platinum Notes, an audio-mastering application that works standalone or in tandem with Mixed In Key; Mashup, an audio editor for easily creating Mashups; and other apps for Mac OS X, Windows and iOS.
All trademarks and product names are the property of their respective companies.
SOURCE Mixed In Key
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks