|By PR Newswire||
|December 18, 2012 09:47 AM EST||
BOCA RATON, Fla., Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- It is not easy running a hedge fund these days. With more news of insider trading scandals and questionable uses of "expert networks" continuing to besiege brand name firms, the last thing a manager wants is to be the next industry punch line or worse, the focus of an investigation.
"The recent scandals have given the hedge fund industry an undeserved black eye," said Daniel Strachman, Director of Research and Strategy for the GAIM Conference Series. "However, with public scrutiny on insider trading at an all-time high and government regulators demanding more disclosures, managers have a lot more to worry about than the market itself. GAIM USA's Hedge Fund Immersion sessions, the first of their kind, will provide managers with their own expert network to help achieve healthy cultures of compliance and operational sustainability."
To be held the morning of January 24th, 2013 at GAIM USA, the Immersion sessions will feature experts in all non-investment related aspects of running a hedge fund, including compliance, legal, governance, custody, administration, marketing and due diligence.
"With stakes so high, and more and more hedge fund operating resources going towards non-investment expenses, managers cannot afford to get this wrong," said Strachman. "The Immersions allow managers to ask questions and get answers directly from experts in many different areas of the fund management industry."
For more than a decade, GAIM USA conferences have attracted thousands of asset allocators, investors, asset managers and the professional and technology solution providers who service them. Speakers and attendees actively participate in discussions regarding today's most important topics, including: performance, regulation, fee models, JOBS Act, high frequency trading, new strategies, activist investing, technology, accessing new capital pools, economic trends, the next generation of managers, and management skills.
Registration and details for GAIM USA 2013 are available at www.gaimusa.com.
GAIM USA 2013 is part of The Institute for International Research USA portfolio of conferences. IIR USA is among the most recognized and trusted providers of conferences and expositions; seminars; training events; and specialized business information networking experiences in America. More at www.iirusa.com.
SOURCE GAIM USA
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks