|By PR Newswire||
|December 18, 2012 08:40 AM EST||
DAVIE, Fla., Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Last week, Live Easy Technologies (LiveEasyTech.com) announced the launch of its second Indiegogo.com project: MeterPlug. MeterPlug connects between an electrical outlet & any appliance or device & measures electricity usage of each appliance.
The MeterPlug App will not only tell you how much actual money an appliance is costing you when running it, but also how much it's costing when on stand-by. The MeterPlug App downloads the actual cost of electricity based on survey & average databases of electricity costs throughout USA, Europe & globally.
The MeterPlug App enables users to turn power on or off to appliances connected to it. MeterPlug also detects & turns off appliances that are consuming vampire power (stand-by consumption) or can turn off an appliance if you leave a room.
"While testing the MeterPlug, we found that our new 50" LED TV consumes $18.25 per year just in standby mode alone. MeterPlug will give consumers access to this type of information directly, allowing them to conserve energy & the dollars in their pockets," said Jimmy Buchheim, founder, Live Easy Technologies.
Features & Benefits of MeterPlug:
- Lower Electricity Bills – MeterPlug allows consumers to identify the appliance costing more to run than others, calculating best times to run appliances & for how long. Set up an alert when a specific device's running cost goes over a pre-selected amount giving the ability to execute functions such as turning off a portable heating device once it hits more than a dollar a per day.
- Understanding Consumption – The MeterPlug App displays live dollar consumption of a connected appliance, monitoring how much appliances are costing per hour, day, week, month & year in REAL electricity costs.
- Control Appliances & Devices – The MeterPlug can turn on & off any appliance connected by using Bluetooth enabled proximity detection. The function controls appliances by turning them off when walking away & on when coming back into a room.
- Manage "Vampire Power" – MeterPlug addresses the effects of Vampire Power – the electricity that appliances "suck up" even while the power switch is off. By enabling The Vampire Power Shield with the smartphone App, users can program an automatic turn-off function for appliances consuming power while in sleep mode.
Following the success of the StickNFind campaign on crowdfunding platform Indiegogo, MeterPlug will be the second product in the showcase lineup at CES 2013.
Live Easy Technologies will be located at Booth #3731, iLounge Pavilion at the Las Vegas Convention Center from January 8-11, 2013 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
"I encourage everyone to stop by our booth for a hands-on demo of all of our projects," said Buchheim. "The most rewarding part about creating the MeterPlug is that we're not only helping people but also the environment by creating an easy-to-use device that will lessen our contribution to the human carbon footprint."
Visit the official MeterPlug Indiegogo page for more information: http://www.indiegogo.com/meterplug
About Live Easy Technologies
Live Easy Technologies is a product development company specializing in RF & very small Bluetooth designs. For more than 12 years, the company has been designing & managing a variety of products for large companies ranging from automotive Bluetooth solutions to various health & fitness Bluetooth products, many of which are currently being sold in retail outlets worldwide. For more information on Live Easy Technologies, visit the company's website at www.LiveEasyTech.com.
This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE Live Easy Technologies
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher