|By Business Wire||
|December 18, 2012 07:19 AM EST||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zqr5bg/characterization) has announced the addition of Woodhead Publishing Ltd's new book "Characterization of Biomaterials" to their offering.
Biomaterials and medical devices must be rigorously tested in the laboratory before they can be implanted. Testing requires the right analytical techniques. Characterization of biomaterials reviews the latest methods for analyzing the structure, properties and behaviour of biomaterials.
Beginning with an introduction to microscopy techniques for analyzing the phase nature and morphology of biomaterials, Characterization of biomaterials goes on to discuss scattering techniques for structural analysis, quantitative assays for measuring cell adhesion, motility and differentiation, and the evaluation of cell infiltration and tissue formation using bioreactors. Further topics considered include studying molecular-scale protein-surface interactions in biomaterials, analysis of the cellular genome and abnormalities, and the use of microarrays to measure cellular changes induced by biomaterials. Finally, the book concludes by outlining standards and methods for assessing the safety and biocompatibility of biomaterials.
With its distinguished editors and international team of expert contributors, Characterization of biomaterials is an authoritative reference tool for all those involved in the development, production and application of biomaterials.
Key Topics Covered:
- Microscopy techniques for analyzing the phase nature and morphology of biomaterials
- Scattering techniques for structural analysis of biomaterials
- Quantitative assays for measuring cell adhesion and motility in biomaterials
- Assays for determining cell differentiation in biomaterials
- Bioreactors for evaluating cell infiltration and tissue formation in biomaterials
- Studying molecular-scale protein-surface interactions in biomaterials
- Assessing the mutagenic effects of biomaterials: analyzing the cellular genome and abnormalities
- Using microarrays to measure cellular changes induced by biomaterials
- Standards and methods for assessing the safety and biocompatibility of biomaterials
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zqr5bg/characterization
Source: Woodhead Publishing Ltd
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher