|By PR Newswire||
|December 18, 2012 07:01 AM EST||
LINKÖPING, Sweden, December 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
TPI application projects with two Chinese vehicle manufacturers
Together with two major players in the slip control system sector, NIRA is currently running three TPI series application projects with two different Chinese vehicle manufacturers. The projects are targeting not only the Chinese domestic market but also overseas markets such as the EU. Compliance with the new TPMS regulation (UNECE R64) is a key factor.
To view the Multimedia News Release, please click:
Market situation in China
The Chinese market is one of the biggest and fastest growing automotive markets in the world. Vehicle models are getting more and more technically advanced, especially regarding safety relevant and assistant features. TPI is already present in the Chinese market through various VW group models build and sold in China. With the new business, NIRA is broadening its customer portfolio also with customers outside the VW Group in China. With a new regulation under discussion making tire pressure monitoring systems mandatory, the demand from Chinese vehicle manufacturers for iTPMS is increasing rapidly.
Unified TPMS regulations
With vehicle models being delivered to various major markets worldwide, it is highly desirable that these markets do not have different regulations and that the same systems can be used in all markets. Otherwise, smaller purchasing volumes and higher development costs per unit will lead to higher system costs which in the end would inevitably have to be covered by the consumer who is not willing to do so. Vehicle manufacturers as well as suppliers therefore hope that besides the UNECE R64 for the EU plus many other countries and the FMVSS 138 for the US, there will be no new standard for a major market like China.
TPI by NIRA
TPI, Tire Pressure Indicator, is the flagship product by NIRA. It is plausibly the most successful indirect TPMS (iTPMS) solution which works without any pressure sensors in the wheels. It is purely SW-based and mainly uses slip control-relevant signals. Therefore, it is commonly integrated into the slip control systems. TPI by NIRA is already available in many VW group models with 4 million licenses sold worldwide so far and is currently the only iTPMS successfully tested for compliance with FMVSS 138 in the US (test report).
SOURCE NIRA Dynamics AB
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks