|By PR Newswire||
|December 18, 2012 06:06 AM EST||
LONDON, December 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
iPhone App Most Downloaded UK Betting App in 2012
William Hill, the UK's leading bookmaker, is today (Tuesday 18th December) launching its new iPad app.
Created for sports fans who want to bet on the move, it offers bets on all sports and events that you would find at William Hill's web page. The app includes more in-play markets than anyone else, best odds guaranteed on all UK & Irish Horse Racing and fast access to accumulators and "hot picks" lists so you can see what everyone else is backing without having to search for it.
The launch of the iPad app follows William Hill's hugely successful iPhone app, which has achieved over 550,000 downloads since its launch in February 2012, becoming the most downloaded betting app.
Juergen Reutter, Director of Mobile for William Hill, said: "Mobile betting is booming. Customers have been clamouring for a specific William Hill app for the iPad and this is simply the best betting app available. Whether used as a second screen solution whilst watching sport at home, or simply whilst on the move, we're sure it will become a favourite way for many of our customers to bet."
Online betting has soared in popularity and is still experiencing massive growth. App betting now accounts for around 30% of all William Hill's online betting and is predicted to reach 50% over the next couple of years. An amazing 2,500 bets per minute were made via on William Hill mobile leading up to this year's Grand National and this volume is set to be eclipsed in 2013 as user numbers grow.
However football remains overall the most popular sport for mobile betting following by horse racing, tennis and cricket.
William Hill's iPad users will be able to bet on 1,001 Football Leagues, divisions or Cup Competitions from 97 countries worldwide - from the Barclays Premier League or the Bundesliga to the Pakistan Premier Football League. Overall approximately 40,000 football matches will have been bet on in-play with William Hill by the end of 2012 with up to 180 markets available pre-match and 100 in-play opportunities per match. Of the 153 Premier League games this season, William Hill have offered the top price on the favourites on over 100 of the matches played - more than any other bookmaker or exchange. The same firm also offers up to £2 million payout limits on Football - the highest in the betting industry.
The iPad app is designed to be quick, easy and reliable, allowing users to register, manage secure deposits and withdrawals and bet on any market from within the app. As well as offering more in-play markets than anyone else, the best odds on all UK and Irish horse racing (guaranteed) and live scores across all sports in real time, the William Hill iPad app provides a number of exclusive rewards:
- Place an accumulator and if only one team lets you down we'll refund your stakes as a free bet
- If your chosen 1st goal scorer doesn't score first but does score the 2nd, we'll refund your losing stake as a free bet
- If your match finishes 0-0, we'll refund losing correct score and double result bets on that match as a free bet
- If your horse wins by 10 lengths, we increase your winnings by 10%. If it wins by 20 lengths, you get an extra 20%
- Place a £1 Yankee (total £11) and we will refund £1 the following day.
The iPad app takes advantage of the larger screen to show more information at a glance as well as providing links to all sports from any screen. Users can swipe to the right to access betslips at any time and see all open bets from here for quick reference.
William Hill, The Home of Betting, is one of the world's leading betting and gaming companies, employing more than 16,000 people. Founded in 1934, it is now the UK's largest bookmaker with over 2,470 licensed betting offices (LBOs) that provide betting opportunities on a wide range of sporting and non-sporting events, gaming on machines and numbers-based products including lotteries. William Hill Online (http://www.williamhill.com) is one of Europe's leading online betting and gaming businesses, providing customers with the opportunity to access William Hill's products online, through their mobile, by telephone and by text services. William Hill PLC is listed on the London Stock Exchange and generates revenues of over £1.1bn a year.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher